Cant delete entry from add/remove programs

iqs 22:10 01 Dec 2009

Hi,

Tried to play Gears Of War,but was told that there was an error,and was advised to uninstall.

Tried via add/remove programs,this failed.Used the option on the game disc,this failed,same reason was given.

So I removed the file from the second HDD,then ran registry mechanic to delete all entries hoping this would help.
But still the entry is listed.

Tried to edit the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE,but could not locate the entry.

Any ideas please?.

Thanks

ArrGee 22:17 01 Dec 2009
  ambra4 23:30 01 Dec 2009

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appears Do Not reboot click the NO button,

Revo will now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just

click the Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the

“Finish” button appear you can than reboot the computer

iqs 14:28 02 Dec 2009

Hi ArrGee,
Thanks for the link.Editing the registry as the link suggested,I tried,couulnt locate the required entry.So I used an add/remove app which did the job.

Hi ambra4,thanks for the advice.Have downloaded the app will use its many features.

Thank you both for helping.cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone