can't delete browser history

slee 19:15 18 Aug 2008

I recently installed AVG and now I can't delete/clear my browsing history, its getting huge. Tried the usual tools/internet options/delete/delete all but it has no effect on the AVG tool bar browser. Also can't seem to get google maps anymore but one thing at a time. I'm starting to wonder about this AVG. any help greatly appreciated

Sea Urchin 19:20 18 Aug 2008

I would remove the AVG toolbar - do you really need it?

click here

slee 20:25 18 Aug 2008

thanks sea urchin, I've managed to hide the AVG tool bar but would like to delete it as it seems pretty pervasive. I went to your attachment but it seems odd to have to buy something to get a handle on free AVG. Is there any way to get rid of the AVG tool bar for keeps by editing the program?
Thanks.

MAT ALAN 20:33 18 Aug 2008

click here

this may help...

bluto1 20:35 18 Aug 2008

I had the same problem and decided to uninstall AVG totally, and in my case I installed Avast instead. My thoughts are that once it's ready(AVG that is) for reinstallation watch for the option to either install or not the toolbar and click it to not instal.

Sea Urchin 21:05 18 Aug 2008

I don't understand how my link asked you to buy anything - it simply showed you how to remove the toolbar which you say you've done. If you want to "delete" it completely you would have to reinstall it as bluto1 suggests, and uncheck Install AVG Toolbar

chub_tor 21:13 18 Aug 2008

I'm with bluto1. Uninstall AVG and use Avast instead.

alB 21:19 18 Aug 2008

Have you tried CCleaner click here ...alB

alB 21:20 18 Aug 2008

Better link click here ...alB

rdave13 21:34 18 Aug 2008

If Internet Explorer try toolbar cop; click here

slee 22:49 18 Aug 2008

thanks to all the help. What a great resource to have for the novice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?