can't delete adult download pop up files

dessi 15:42 19 Jun 2003

help, been brousing in adult territory and cannot remove pop up files 'vivid girls'on desktop.
any suggestions, running xp.

Lú-tzé 16:00 19 Jun 2003

Try a system restore to before you were browsing these sites; also try a spyware checker - say, adaware from lavasoftusa.com, spybot, or the likes. Also clear out all temp internet files, cookies, and run a registry cleaner. If the file returns after being deleted and a reboot, it may be necessary to do a manual registry edit for it.

Confab 16:03 19 Jun 2003

Well at least your honest!! Most people say "I let my friend/brother/pal use my pc and"

Clean out all temp files and then get spybot from click here and adware remover from click here

install a run these and they should clear your problem. If not post back.

Confab 16:03 19 Jun 2003

Snap!!

dessi 16:15 19 Jun 2003

will have a go and get back possibly pm tomorrow
thanks for responding.

rawprawn 16:46 19 Jun 2003

To clean it out of the registry go to run, type regedit, highlight My Computer, click edit, click find, type vivid girls or whatever it is called exactly, click find. Delete any ref to vivid girls, click find next, again delete any ref to your problem, keep clicking find next until its finished with no more references. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE. Make a backup copy of the regstry before you start in case of any mistakes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?