cant cut and paste pictures off the internet.

truly scrumptious 17:31 28 Jun 2004

i have got a new computer and i cant cut and paste pictures of the internet or save them either. it just wont let me get pictures aat all. i can cut and paste a whole page and the text comes up but theres just a space where the picture should be.
i have tried everything. hope someone can help.
im on aol 9.

Diodorus Siculus 17:48 28 Jun 2004

Do you have an option to right click and choose "save as"? Otherwise, save the whole page to a directory of your choosing and then use windows explorer to open the dirtectory; the files will be there.

canard 20:37 28 Jun 2004

Tried copy and paste?

Mango Grummit 20:42 28 Jun 2004

Right click and choose "save as" as per Diodorus Siculus' suggestion. If you require further or more precise instruction then don't hesitate to post back.

M

truly scrumptious 07:25 29 Jun 2004

i meant copy and paste.
the save doesnt work either.
i cant get any pictures off at all. i had this problem once before and someone gave me something i had to change somewhere but i have not got the instructions any more. i did nt expect to have the same problem when i got my new computer.
thanks for ur help anyway

Diodorus Siculus 07:56 29 Jun 2004

By what method do you "copy and paste" as you put it?

Andsome 08:22 29 Jun 2004

Right click the picture. From the drop down box select 'Save as', then using the drop down box at the bottom select Jpeg, this is a popular format, then at the top of the picture select a folder, I suggest 'My documents' or 'My pictures', ensure that in the appropriate box that the image has some form of name, and click OK. This is as suggested above, but with a little more detail. When you open your folder with the picture in it, a double left click should open it.

truly scrumptious 09:27 29 Jun 2004

i have just done wot it says above but jpeg doesnt come up.?
i usually just copy and paste them but it wont let me. could it be something in the settings.?

smullan_2000 10:23 29 Jun 2004

What is the URL of where u are trying to copy from?

truly scrumptious 10:26 29 Jun 2004

it happens whereever i am. on all pictures.

truly scrumptious 10:26 29 Jun 2004

it happens whereever i am. on all pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?