can't create dvd's in Media Centre or Movie Maker

trisha01 21:08 12 Dec 2006

Had a few problems earlier on which are now resolved - thanks people

Now I have noticed a new problem. I can't create a video dvd using Media Centre or Movie Maker. As soon as I click on create it seems to start then immediately gives a message saying create failure - that's it. I've made a music dvd and that's ok and a data dvd, it's just the video dvd.

I downloaded the Windows Media bonus pack - do you think that could be the problem?

eedcam 22:26 12 Dec 2006

You cannot create DVD's in moviemaker

john-232317 22:37 12 Dec 2006

Like above, moviemaker does not support the file type needed for burning a DVD.

trisha01 23:31 12 Dec 2006

I meant I have imported things into Movie Maker and put them on a dvd disc not that I have 'created' a dvd movie.

Neither the Media Centre or Movie maker will work properly.

lotvic 00:15 13 Dec 2006

create a DVD in Media Center click here has screenshots

David4637 14:19 14 Dec 2006

WMM created/Edited files burnt to a DVD will NOT run. The file type needs to be *.VOB (MPEG2). David

trisha01 13:51 15 Dec 2006

I used to be able to make dvd discs in Windows Media centre which were playable on a domestic dvd player, the burner being Sonic.

now that it doesn't work I've downloaded DVDFlick

dhg 19:46 09 Mar 2007

I have sucsessfully burnt a movie created in windows moviemaker to a dvd-r disc. three different dvd players will not accept it to view.
any suggestions please

dhg 19:47 09 Mar 2007

I have sucsessfully burnt a movie created in windows moviemaker to a dvd-r disc. three different dvd players will not accept it to view.
any suggestions please

jimv7 19:48 09 Mar 2007

Use something like nero vision express to convert and burn your film to dvd format.

lotvic 21:54 09 Mar 2007

Hi, sorry that you have a DVD problem and people on here will help if they can, but it is not polite to 'hijack' someone else's Thread.

You really need to start your own Thread with your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?