Cant connect wireless

barrybrooks1979 00:40 19 Sep 2008

i have just got myself a new webbook. Does anyone know how to connect the wireless, for some reason it wont connect. thanks

Dragon_Heart 01:17 19 Sep 2008

You may need to 'turn on' your wireless adapter as when it's not required it's taking power from the battery.

The wireless radio circuit can be turned on / off by pressing (Function) Fn and F1 together. By default it is switched off. There is a bit of an problem on the early models as the wifi light on the front of the webbook does not get turned on when the wireless is activated, making it a little tricky to tell whether wireless is on or off.

Our laptop is the same.

Hope this helps.

barrybrooks1979 01:45 19 Sep 2008

this hasnt worked still not connect

Dragon_Heart 01:59 19 Sep 2008

Is this the one from Carphone Warehouse ?

Where is your wireless router in relation to your Webbook ?

Assume you have been notified that your wireless broadband connection is active ? If not when did you take out a contract (with Carphone Warehouse) for 3G Mobile Broadband ? It can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to set you up.

Have you fitted the filters on ALL the phones including extensions on that line ?

Also try click here

Dragon_Heart 20:38 19 Sep 2008

..... I forgot 3G Mobile Broadband needs no router and is instant set up once you have the account ( my only excuse is it was about 2 am ).

Suggest if you are still having problems take it back to the shop and ask them to demo 3G Mobile Broadband on YOUR webbook.

Dragon_Heart 23:10 24 Sep 2008

How did you get on ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?