can't connect using BT.BBand etc,,,

Furkin 19:59 26 Aug 2007

Hi again,

I am on BT B.Band.
I also use Supanet dial-up,,,, which I use via BT.BB.
I have today added another address to the supanet portfolio,,,,,,, & now I can’t get to connect Internet Explorer !
My system now wants me to use Supanet to ‘connect to the internet’,,,,, but I want to carry on using BT.BB.
Everything was o.k before I added this address. I have several other Supanet addresses, which have always been o.k,,,,
I have checked the settings on my older addresses to compare this new one, & as far as I can see, they are all the same.
I reckon there is a box that I havn’t ticked or something just as stupid ! Any ideas please ?
Thanks for reading this

Taff™ 20:03 26 Aug 2007

Using Outlook Express? Go to Tools>Accounts and make your BT one the default. Also I think there is a setting in the new account you`ve created under advanced (maybe) that says something like always connect to this account with... Check the same setting with your other Supanet accounts.

Daveboy 20:05 26 Aug 2007

do you ever actually dial up to supanet, or do you just access them via b/band?
You should have "never dial a connection" selected under IE's options-connections. Deleting your supanet dial connection will certainly stop the pop up.

Furkin 21:12 26 Aug 2007

Thanks guys, I knew you wouldn't let me down.
Things were going o.k all day,,,, but of course, I hadn't disconnected from BB,,, so didn't need to 'connect' again. Yes, I forgot to mention that I use O.Express.
TAFF: I thought that I had my main Supanet address as 'default' all the time (I thought it was for dial-up only)
I made a BT one default.
DAVEBOY: I only actually dial up via supanet, as a check when things go wrong. Otherwise I always go via BB.
I have now ticked 'Never dial a connection'.

(I don't remember this happening when I put an address on for my son a couple of months ago !)

Everything looks back to normal - thanks again - have ticked Resolved.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?