Can't connect to internet

Rogerfredo 09:02 27 Sep 2008

I have just tried loading the "High performance" defaults in the BIOS of my MSI KT6 system.
There is a warning message that states that stability could be an issue, but I decided to try anyway. The PC now is considerably faster and appears to work well in all my applications (eg Office, Photoshop etc.). - The only problem is that it will not connect to the internet unless I return the system to the "normal" setup defaults.
Can anyone suggest which settings are likely to be affecting the internet access when the faster settings are selected? I would like to retain the improved speed and avoid having to upgrade the motherboard/ processor to achieve the same result.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:31 27 Sep 2008

Wired or wireless?

Sounds as if it has switched off the LAN settings on the network chip

birdface 09:40 27 Sep 2008

Have you tried right clicking local area Connection and press repair.

ronalddonald 10:09 27 Sep 2008

yep i agree with buteman try right clicking local area connection and press the repair icon. Thatshould resolve the LAN settinggs on the network chip.

Rogerfredo 10:15 28 Sep 2008

Thanks for your replies. You were correct in that the network connection was not started when I used the "high performance" settings. The repair function was not useable as the problem was that no network adaptor was found. I tweaked some of the settings back to slightly slower figures and the system is now ok.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?