Can't connect to a D-Link G604T Wireless Router

Lazzer 15:44 31 Mar 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to install a D-Link G604T Wireless Router in my Girlfriend's Dads's house.

He is currently using a Windows Xp Service Pack 2 OS with plenty of RAM etc...

He bought a COMPOINT PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Realtek 8139) as he has not got an Ethernet port present.

I fitted and installed this adapter and it seems to have installed fine, it is viewable in Device Manager and in properties it says it is working correctly.

I plugged the Router in and powered it up, the Power and Status lights appear to be flashing in the correct manner.
In port 1 on the router I have an Ethernet cable running into the Ethernet Adapter on the PC, and the ADSL cable from the telephone line running into the Router.

I know from reading the manual that the IP address for the router is 192.168.1.1

I tired to type this in to Internet Explorer, and I got the page cannot be displayed message.

So I checked in Network Connections (Control Pannel) and could'nt see it there either.

So I am not sure if the Adapter is faulty or not working.

With this is mind I had 2 options the first being, I have a D-Link USB Wireless Adapter (DWL-G122 B1)and connected it to the PC, the PC found it but said there were no wireless networks in range.

So with one last option I searched for networks with my iPhone, and behold I found the router and was able to connect to it.

Which leaves me wondering that is going on?!?!?!

Currently he uses a BT line with BT TalkTalk, this uses a SmartAX MT882 Modem and connects via USB.

I know that I have to changed the setting on the D-Link router but i cant even bring up the login page,

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated here

Thanks

Steven

ambra4 18:17 31 Mar 2008

You have to set up the lan card and network on the computer before you can access the router

How to set up the Lan card and network

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?