Cant Connect to Bt home hub

Harvey J 20:10 28 Apr 2010

ok, ive recently bought a new laptop, but i cannot connect to the internet. i am using a bt homehub 2.0. When searching for wireless connections within the area, mine is in that list, and i am able to click connect, it will then say it is connected. however, here is the problem. it reads it is connected, but also states that there is "no internet access" and states it is an unidentified network. also, prior to this problem occuring on my previous laptop, 2 bt connections appeared named "BTFON" and BTOpenzone" it was after this that i can no longer connect, before these appeared, everything was fine. Any other info needed then just ask, and pleeeeeaaase help!

mgmcc 22:25 28 Apr 2010

Is the Laptop getting its correct IP address from the router?

Rayle 12:02 29 Apr 2010

For more help, try the BT Forum click here

Jollyjohn 22:10 29 Apr 2010

First steps, are all the lights blue?
Can you use an ethernet cable and get an internet connection?
With a cable connected open a command box and type in "ipconfig /all"
Look for default gateway 192.168.1.257 or similar and then open your web browser and type in the default gateway address - user name and password may be needed, printed on home hub, this should now open the settings page for your hub. Look under wireless settings for the SSID

Search for available wireless networks and look for the SSID of the hub - passkey is usually also printed on the hub.
ignore btfon and openzone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017