Cant connect to B/B? why?

cadena 20:02 25 Oct 2006

I was on B/B till I got a new Tower to replace my old one, I now have a
Packard Bell
Windows XPSP2 Home Edition
Pent;(R) CPU 2.66GHz
768 MB of RAM

now I cant get onto B/B, have had my ISP checked which is AOL, my line checked and my BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem checked and all is ok and in working order. I had a friend who is a Computer Engineeer and he is even stumped as to why I cant get my B/B working, I have had to buy an external Modem to unable access the internet on dial-up, which I hate after being on B/B for so long but I had no option to do but that.
My friend seems to think it could be the Norton Security which was already installed with my new Tower but does not know what. He is at this moment trying to get more information as to what it could be, have you guys any ideas or have you come across similar problems on this?

Danoh 20:27 25 Oct 2006

It might be worthwhile waiting for your Computer Engineer friend, who has a lot more info on the situation then you've typed for us.
> Have you installed and run the AOL configuration wizard on your neew PC correctly
> Norton Internet Security defaults automatically detects new connections and asks you for an OK. If you had said "No", then it would do exactly what you've told it.

For Broadband, you should normally set the option "never dial for an internet connection", which you obviously have set on to be able to use the dial-up modem. Did your Computer Engineer friend ask you to check that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?