Cant click links in O.E

JohnnyBoy 22:05 16 Aug 2006

For some reason my emails no longer let me click links within them to open I.E and navigate to the relevant page. Any suggestions ?

Eargasm 23:09 16 Aug 2006

A mate had a similar problem, which was sorted by
re-registering a DLL file - this was done by clicking Start -> Run, typing regsvr32 urlmon.dll and pressing [Return]. After a short pause a dialog should appear telling you the file was successfully registered and you should regain the ability to click links in email.

JohnnyBoy 23:46 16 Aug 2006

Nope, that doesn't seem to do anything.

johnnyrocker 23:47 16 Aug 2006

did you reboot afterwards?

johnny.

JohnnyBoy 23:56 16 Aug 2006

Yes. Still nothing..

VoG II 10:22 17 Aug 2006
  JohnnyBoy 20:05 17 Aug 2006

Thaks for all the help & advice on this one guys..Somebody actually suggested to me a simpler remedy..pressing the CTRL key and clicking the link. Which worked !! It has now reset itself and works fine again. Wierd..can someone explain how this might have occured ?

VoG II 20:06 17 Aug 2006

Do you have a pop-up blocker installed?

JohnnyBoy 20:13 17 Aug 2006

Got the normal one enabled in Win XP for IE, and also use McAfee Security Centre. The thing is, I no longer have to press the CTRL key, I can just click the link as I used to, and it now opens up IE and navigates to the hyperlink from the web page. Sorted !! But to know how this happened or why would be good for future reference.

JohnnyBoy 21:59 17 Aug 2006

OK..its now not working again, and I have to use the CTRL key to click a hyperlink. WTF ??!!

JohnnyBoy 22:22 17 Aug 2006

Ok, just tried the suggestions provided by VoG™ , the first one had no effect, the second one, after a bit of a workaround, cos XP is slightly different has enabled my hyperlinks from within O.E again. For how long, time will tell...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?