Can't change default webpage on Internet Explorer

Tangy 07:54 10 Sep 2004

I can't seems to change the default webpage on Internet Explorer when it opens up. It's currently set to MSN.com. I've tried resetting it to other webpages in Tools > Options, but when Internet Explorer restarts, It's MSN.com once again. How can I change this?

xania 09:04 10 Sep 2004

How did you try to amend your home page. The safest way is to go to the surf to the page you want then go to Tools > Options and use the <Use Current> button. I suggest you then close down IE and see if it holds when you start it up again. If it does, then try rebooting. This will help identify where you are loosing the setting (I doubt its anything malicious - you are at least defaulting to a safe page).

Which OS?

Talented Monkey 10:10 10 Sep 2004

Do you have Lavasofts Adaware SE version ?click here that has MSN.com set as IE homepage defualt and will automaticlly override anything you enter to use as homepage. simply go to configuration , cog icon, then defualts and you can change the homepage settings there.

If you do not have adaware se, then it maybe some other application doing a similar thing failing this too,hen you proberbly will need to run hijackthis click here and post logfile to remove the homepage problem .

Tangy 19:40 10 Sep 2004

Thanks guys. It was my Ad-aware SE!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?