Can't burn mpegSVCD onto CD...error message

carlos 16:34 08 Apr 2003

Hi. A newbie.... I've edited Digicam footage using Pinaccle Studio DV, then "made movie" into SVCD quality, stored on hard drive. However, when I use EasyCD to burn this onto disc, I get message "......will not work in a VCD player. To make this file video CD compliant, you will need to use an MPEG encoder that supports Video CD encoding" At this stage I'm lost. I thought after I created an MPEG from my digicam footage I could burn this with Easy CD Platinum?? ANy help would be gratefully received

y_not 06:37 09 Apr 2003

burning and viewing the VCD?

I use Studio and after "Make movie" I wnet to burn the file - was informed that the file was not compliant and may not play - I ignored it and - it works fine!

Failing that re-encode using TMPGEnc

carlos 10:28 09 Apr 2003

gives the error message when I want to burn the sVCD that I made using Pinnacle. Thanks for your advice. I will try TMP now

carlos 18:13 09 Apr 2003

I understand that ECDC Platinum doesn't support creation of svcd( MPEG2).Is this available in ECDC6? I can't see any reference to it, tho. What CD burning software does support sVCD?
Will be grateful for any advice
Thanks

siouxah1 19:07 09 Apr 2003

Carlos,

Nero Burning ROM supports SVCD. Unfortunately one has to purchase the MPEG2 encoder plugin from Nero for it to work. Cost about £11 from their site. This is what I use and it works a treat.

There are other encoders that will do the job. Worth looking at them if you do not have nero. SVCD has specific parameters. For SVCD to work in DVD the correct supporting files need to be added to the disc when it is burnt.

If you're aware of this please excuse my rambling.

Regards Brian j.

crx16 19:17 09 Apr 2003

"Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator™ 6 lets you make DVD home movies or photo slide shows. Add voiceover, your favorite music, transitions, and animated DVD menus, and burn to DVD, VCD or SVCD to play on your home DVD player."click here

is this something you can upgrade to?

carlos 09:07 10 Apr 2003

Many thanks Brian and crx. I read your info on another thread, Brian , but didn't understand....now I do. I have both nero and ECDC5platinum to choose to upgrade. Will do soonest.y_not, I remade the sVCD using TMPGenc but, obvious to me now, it still wouldn't burn using ECDC. Seemed to be faster at making the MPEG than Pinnacle STudio DV, tho'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?