Can't amend a page on a website

pj123 17:26 25 Sep 2004

I have been asked to make some amendments to a web page. It is a "week beginning" page with prices for a holiday home rental. It needs to be updated for the 2005 calendar. That is, Week Beginning Saturday 1st January 2005 for example.

When I load the page in Dreamweavr MX it shows it as a .gif and I can't alter the dates. When it was first done it started off as a Table in Microsoft Publisher, how come it is now a .gif?

To have a look go to click here and click on prices.

Forum Editor 18:31 25 Sep 2004

into the page in the first place? Publisher converts everything to gifs when asked to prepare files for the web - what software did you use to design/upload the site?

pj123 18:49 25 Sep 2004

FE, the site was first prepared in MS Publisher 2000 and uploaded to the internet using CuteFTP. That is all I had when this site was made.

Since then I have taken over maintaining another site built with D/W MX and they allow me to use their computer with D/W MX to update their site and also the Holiday Home site.

pj123 17:54 27 Sep 2004

OK everyone, done it. Took a while but opened the page in MS Pub made the alterations and resaved as a web page. Now uploaded. Ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires