Cant alter profile on here

Tazfan 09:20 27 Jan 2009

Hi Gang.
I have just tried to alter my profile to add the Monitor my PC app. All I did was tick the box to include the function, and then clicked next. Instead of going to step 2, it reverts to the start of step one, with an error message telling me "That nickname is already taken."

Now, am I being stupid and missing something obvious, or is there a problem?

Thank you in advance for your time and trouble.

T :-)

recap 10:55 27 Jan 2009

You nmay be required to enter your password?

Sea Urchin 10:58 27 Jan 2009
  birdface 10:58 27 Jan 2009

No worked Ok for me.Just wondering how to remove it again.

Tazfan 13:09 27 Jan 2009

Tried on different browers (Avant and IE) Opera being the default one, but still no joy.
Nothing in the linked thread pointed to a resolution.
Am I making a fuss about nothing? Is the monitoring app worth having? Its curiosity that is making me want to try it.

Thank you for your help so far. It is appreciated.

T:-)

birdface 13:19 27 Jan 2009

Like I said its working Ok for me.So not sure why you can't do it.I don't use it myself just tried it to see if it was a PCA problem or not.There were a few having problems with PCA last night so not sure if it could be part of the same problem.

Managing ed 13:47 27 Jan 2009

I've a look at this myself, and there does seem to something odd going on with your log-in. I've asked a member of our online team to have a closer (ie: expert!) look. If you manage to resolve it, can you drop me an email?

Thanks,

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

birdface 13:58 27 Jan 2009

Now hows that for service.

Sea Urchin 14:16 27 Jan 2009

My link was pointing out that someone else with the same problem got it sorted out by approaching PCA/Forum management. Which is what has now happened for you.

Tazfan 16:19 27 Jan 2009

Ahhh. I see Sea Urchin. I didnt click on to that. Sorry.
After some backstage Jiggery Pokery, it has been sorted, and I have been able to download and install it.

Thank you all very much indeed.

T:-)

Sea Urchin 16:34 27 Jan 2009

Glad to hear it's sorted now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017