cant access win 7 on pc

carnoustiejim 00:08 24 Feb 2015

hi when I switch on my pc windows fails to start screen goes straight to start up repair message then says start up repair cannot repair this pc automatically I also have windows xp on pc which is working ok cant enter safe mode hope you can help me sort this out thanks kirriejim

robin_x 00:38 24 Feb 2015

There are some things to try, including it seems an automated dual boot repair tool knocking around.

However, there is a very high risk something could go wrong and you'll end up not being able to boot into XP as well.

Back up everything and have XP CD and W7 DVD on hand, perhaps, in case everything has to be setup again (or Repair Install made).

Let someone else do it (preferably the persson who set it up) unless you have no choice.

click here

Do you have another computer in case of problems?

Daisy_Michael 07:56 24 Feb 2015

Can you re-install the windows i.e. (overwrite) at the same partition where you currently have the windows 7 installed?

Alternatively, you can consider click here & click here (as you might found them helpful).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?