cant access web site

jammin 23:19 27 Dec 2007

my pc has been acting a little strange with my son now being unable to access one web site which is fantasy football, it part loads then stops totally

I have run avg and asquared and they are clear

I did have an email from my isp stating that a virus had been intercepted and avg briefly showed a virus was on a particular site but then cleared

some things have been running slower than normal and the pc just doesnt feel quite right

I have tried system restore but that didnt work

help greatly appreciated

p;3 23:27 27 Dec 2007

try running , after fully updating and rebooting

click here
click here

click here

what is the address of the site you now cannot access?

also , your windows version would help, and are e mails read in Outlook express and is the computer involved in any P2P stuff?

jammin 23:48 27 Dec 2007

the site address is fantasy.premierleague.com which can be accessed by friends pc
i am running xp, emails in outlook express and no p2p stuff

also when I click youre links only one will load the other two just saying loading for ages

p;3 23:54 27 Dec 2007

which of the links gives problems;

top one is spybot, middle one is superantispyware and bottom one is adaware

are you on dial up?all of them load instantly for me

p;3 00:00 28 Dec 2007

also try in IE6 ,tools/internet options/general tab/delete cookies/delete files see if that will clear out some rubbish to help the pages to open ?

MCE2K5 00:02 28 Dec 2007
  p;3 00:06 28 Dec 2007

if you can get to run the suggested programs one can then see if they trawl up any unwanted guests on the comp for starters; my guess is they will::((

jammin 00:52 28 Dec 2007

don't know why but everything is suddenly loading ok

I tried mce2k5's link and it opened perfectly, then p;3s links opened immediately

its seems to be all ok now

thanks to both of you - dont know what happened but its now ok and I needed some of the links anyway, much appreciated

happy new year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017