Can't access Vaio BIOS

Prancer 16:17 28 Aug 2010

I am unable to access the BIOS on my Vaio, even thought I repeatedly press F3 immediately after entering the BIOS password. All I get is a choice of operating system (the only one is Vista) and Enter> starts up normally while ESC> returns to the BIOS password screen. Pressing F2 has the same result. F3 used to work and is the key recommended for my model.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

DieSse 16:33 28 Aug 2010

I would have thought you press "Enter" if you've got as far as putting in the BIOS password.

Prancer 07:00 29 Aug 2010

Yes, BIOS password, then 'Enter' followed by F3. It then goes to the choice of operating systems (Vista only).

rawprawn 08:30 29 Aug 2010

In the past I have had excellent advice from their Forum click here

rawprawn 08:34 29 Aug 2010

PS. I simply press F2 on start up on my Vaio VGN- AR31

DieSse 09:26 29 Aug 2010

Sounds like what you are calling the BIOS Password, may be the Password (set in the BIOS) to allow access to the computer - not the password to allow access to the BIOS.

Did you try rawprawns suggestion of simply pressing F2 (or F3) earlier in the startup routines?

What model Vaio have you got?

Prancer 09:54 29 Aug 2010

Thanks for the suggestions, I have so far looked on the forum, rawprawn, but nothing suitable, will post a question later. DieSse you are correct, the password is the one I set for access to the computer and I want to get into the BIOS to disable it. Pressing F2 or F3 has the above results. It is a VGN-NS11J and I have searched for the correct key to enter the BIOS and it seems to be F3. This has worked in the past.

Atlantic Man 10:01 29 Aug 2010

If not, try the del button- all computers has different keys for BIOS entry- F1, F2, Del, F3

you may have forgotten the password- If so you can use a program like " Wincare " for Bios password removals.

Getting the software is another complication...
hope you achieve something.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?