Can't access P C A site

Al94 08:50 20 Jan 2008

The only way I can access this site at the moment is by doing a google search and encdtering via their cached version of the site. Usual links or direct log on show this error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

Anyone else the same?

I couldnt get on at all last night but i see the site wasnt down.
So i presume it was related to my isp?
This was in both ie7 and firefox,the message in firefox was "This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed".
All ok this morning.

Al94 09:18 20 Jan 2008

Strange, I can get in by clicking the link on the email re above response but not if I enter the click here url or click on my usual links.

Technotiger 09:50 20 Jan 2008
  birdface 09:59 20 Jan 2008

A way round it till you get it fixed.Open this click here and click on it to highlight it.press copy.Go back to widows page and pick a spot alongside your other windows Icons and then press paste.This will then leave an Icon for PC Advisor and just a matter of clicking on to that at start up.Like I said only a temporary solution until we get the original to work.click here

birdface 10:06 20 Jan 2008

I should have added that I could not get on last night at all.I had to go to Favorites and open an old thread to get on that way,I had just downloaded and run the up-dated version of C Cleaner so thought that it was a problem with that.I am with Virgin so might be their problem.If you use my click here on last post it will let you open it until we get the problem solved.

Border View 10:09 20 Jan 2008

I am with Zen. No problems with other sites. I am reposting my comments from "NewThread" with the hope that someone seeing the heading "Cant Access PCA" will take up our problems.

Crazy this. I have to use a link from another web site to get into PCA. I dont have the latest version of Ccleaner so it cant be that.

What exactly is Directory Listing Denied. With the message This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Has PCA been got at?

gartoye 10:16 20 Jan 2008

Hi all

I had "This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed" last night & this morning when trying to access the site from my bookmark in Firefox. Had the same clicking on the 1st link off a "PC Advisor" search in google.

Clicking a link further down the google search page got me in.

Cheers.

VoG II 10:17 20 Jan 2008

I have no problems (with Virgin).

I suggest that one of you who is having difficulties uses the Contact Moderator link to draw the FE's attention to the problem.

birdface 10:34 20 Jan 2008

A message has now been sent to the Forum Editor to see if there is anything he can do to help.This is just to save others from posting the same message.

Diemmess 10:37 20 Jan 2008

No problem with Aol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?