Can't access network to restore system image

SimonGates 18:22 11 May 2015
Answered

Hi there. I recently had a windows message warning of impending hard disk failure. I've downloaded a couple of different backup packages to take a system image ahead of buying a new hard drive. I have used both AOMEI and Easus Todo backup. The ISO boot files for each of these packages fail to give me network access on the boot disk though and I can't therefore access my NAS when looking for the image to restore. Is there a way I can ensure my network is up and running so I can access the image file? I have a Windows 7 Home Premium Samsung Chronos 7 laptop with a "Realtek PCIe GBE family controller" network card. Thanks

lotvic 22:19 11 May 2015
Answer

I believe you have to boot from the WinPE bootable CD, and choose 'Tools' - 'Device management' to configure the IP setting ClickHere todo-backup.com

SimonGates 14:40 12 May 2015

Hi lotvic. Yes the IP setting was the issue. I had to change it from Dynamic to static before I could see the network. Only difference to your answer above is that the option is under Network Manager not Device Management. Thanks

lotvic 23:45 12 May 2015

Thank for feedback, it will help others that get same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?