Can't access my website!!

Damo. 19:32 09 Mar 2006

Well, this is a rather strange problem that I can't figure out!

I can't access my website click here at all, In IE I get a page cannot be displayed error, in FireFox i get a connection timed out error, and in opera I get a similar error.

I also can't access the site via FTP. So from this I thought it was a host problem - I've rang them and they've assured me there is nothing wrong with the server and they can get on to the site.

Other members of the site can still get on the site - so why can't i?

I've done all the usual clearing cookies, temp files and cache, but still nothing. I've tried going in via search engines and pages other than the index page, but again nothing.

This is annoying now and i need a quick fix as I have to update the site.

Anyone got any ideas or clues as to what might be wrong? BTW I've also tried disabling AV and Firewalls.

Thanks
Damo

octal 19:35 09 Mar 2006

What ISP are you on?

Damo. 19:41 09 Mar 2006

Hi,

I'm on Homecall Broadband, but have no problems with any other site apart from my own website...I just can't figure it out.

octal 19:47 09 Mar 2006

That's a pity , if you were on cable you could have used a proxy to get around it. Anyway go to the command prompt and see if you can ping the site, just type ping then www. then the rest of the address, that will see if the connection is there.

Damo. 19:49 09 Mar 2006

hi there, i emailed the Tech guy at OneandOne and im guessing he sorted it because I can get back on now.

Thanks for you help
Damo

skidzy 19:50 09 Mar 2006

Are you sure its not an activex problem

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom level >
I have mine set to prompt me to install activex content....

All this supposing you are using xp sp2

octal 19:51 09 Mar 2006

Excellent!

skidzy 19:51 09 Mar 2006

I must be tired.....typing to slow tonight ! lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone