CanoScan Lide30 question (XP OS)

exdragon 14:27 22 Nov 2005

Hi - I've spent all morning with a friend trying to figure out how to do multi page scans with this scanner. In the manual, it describes the Multi Scan button which appears when the 'Simple mode' is selected from the ScanGear CS screen.

How do you get to this screen? The only options in the Start/All Programs/Canon/ path are the manuals and the Toolbox. I do most of my scanning from within PaperPort, which does bring up the required dialogue box which offers the Simple Mode, but how do you get to the ScanGear CS screen without PaperPort?

I've reinstalled the software incase anything was missed, my friend can scan using either the buttons on the scanner or from within Toolbox, but I just can't find the proper screen!

It's got to be so obvious....

britto 15:05 22 Nov 2005

The ScanGear CS screen opens when I select import in my photo software (PSP Elements)at the bottom is the option multiscan.

exdragon 15:08 22 Nov 2005

Thanks, britto, I've just realised I was expecting the scanner to be a sort of stand alone prog - just tried it in Word, to insert picture from scanner and of course it works perfectly. Doh, strikes forehead in utter frustration!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017