puma22 18:16 27 Dec 2013
Answered

Hi, Any help would be appreciated. My canon mg6000 series printer suddenly stopped working. It says it is offline. But it is showing in the wireless router nod it seems like the mac and IP address codes match. I think it might be an issue with the port being used, but really not sure on this and if it is, what to do to rectify.

Running windows 7 x64

Thanks

onthelimit1 11:42 28 Dec 2013

When I've had this sort of problem in the past, I've found the quickest way is to uninstall everything to do with the printer then reinstall.

puma22 13:11 28 Dec 2013
Answer

Thanks onthelimit1,

I've managed to fix it. Not sure if this helps anyone else, but this is what I did:

Don't know what did it, but like you say, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. This got stuck at installing drivers as it could not find the printer on the network (even though it was showing on router).

As a last ditch attempt, I restored my computer to an earlier setting - just before Christmas. There was then some of the software missing, so downloaded this and installed. luckily the drivers were still there as I think it was something to do with this.

All seems to be OK now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires