Canon SmartBase MP370 driver issue

jonny2004 10:05 05 Jun 2004

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Canon SmartBase MP370 multifunctional printer. The printer and copier work fine but I can't get scanner working. I have followed the install intructions to the letter (various times !) but to no avail. I am running on Win XP with service pack 1 installed. I am pulling my hair out so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Carronade 13:15 05 Jun 2004

I have the same problem with the (lower spec) 360, installed a few days ago. Works well with printing and copying, but 'NBG' with scanning, including OCR.

brambles 15:41 05 Jun 2004

I would look at the Canon Uk web site to see if there are any known problems. There may be a later driver to download.

You can also phone the Canon help desk - I have always found them to be helpful. You are entitled to expect all the functions to work properly.

Brambles

Carronade 17:57 05 Jun 2004

Thank you, Brambles, for trying to help. Having had the printer/etc delivered from PC World on the 4th (Thursday), at 1 am this morning I contacted them by e-mail, allowing them to take data as to set-up, etc, from my hard drive. So far there hs been no response.
The Canon website has 300+ questions, mostly concerning fax machines - at seven per web-page less than helpful. However I have explained the problem to them, so live in hope - so far.

jonny2004 16:36 06 Jun 2004

I sent them an e-mail also, waited 6 days for a response, which said the printer was faulty. During the six days installed it on a laptop running on win 2000 and everything works fine, so nothing wrong with the printer, just some sort of clash with XP.

julie13 21:28 08 Oct 2004

I purchased a Canon i550 18 months ago and it has never worked.

When I first got it it wasn't printing properly then a month later my PC blew up.

Then when I got my next PC, some 15 months later it wouldn't work. The paper kept on going to one side in the printer and jamming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?