Canon Service

Newuser939 11:23 15 Jan 2010

Anyone had experience of Canon's service? I needed to contact them about an all-in-one which had stopped working while still under warranty. I received an automated email saying that I would get a response in 2-3 days.A full week later - nothing! Is this typical, and if so, why do they not change the automated email to make it more accurate?

Pineman100 12:35 15 Jan 2010

That sounds pretty typical for most companies, in my experience. I should just keep badgering them, in the hope that they'll sort you out just to shut you up!

john bunyan 12:41 15 Jan 2010

They are not too bad on the phone. If your MP is under warranty, surely your first point of contact is with the seller, unless you bought direct from Canon. Your seller should get it fixed if it is an inherent fault.

Newuser939 14:22 19 Jan 2010

Just by way of an update. After 10 days of silence from Canon, I got fed up of waiting and yesterday phoned Amazon who had supplied the printer. After explaining the problem, they immediately agreed to exchange it for a new one. The old printer was picked up today and the new one will be delivered tomorrow. So full marks to Amazon, but Canon really need to think hard about the quality of customer support they offer.

GaT7 14:30 19 Jan 2010

Good to hear. Amazon are excellent as always :-).

Canon still haven't gotten back about 'Canon has set up MP980 to Deliberately waste ink' click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017