canon scanner

Daiol 17:55 17 Jul 2007

Hi.Not long purchased a conoscan Lide 70 scanner,it works fine but the only problem i got is when scanning a document in text format the only way that i can do so is by using the pdf method,then on the bottom of the screen it has word documents icon but when i click on that to open the scanned document it cant open in word format.the only way that i can get over this is by copy and paste into word but it dont come out correct,have i bought the wrong scanner or am i doing something totally wrong,has anybody got one of these so that they can help me solve my headache.Thankyou,daiol.
ps scanner is here.click here

alan2273 18:20 17 Jul 2007

I have the Lide 50 and if i save to PDF, it opens in Adobe reader.
Have you tried right clicking the file and use Open with to select Adobe.
From the Canonscan toolbox if I click Save then use the dropdown box to select PDF, it automatically opens in Adobe.
Also in the Canonscan toolbox the File icon has a picture icon of Adobe in it.

So it is just a case of sorting out the settings.If you do not have Adobe reader it can be downloaded from here.click here

IF that download is to big try Foxit PDF reader which can be downloaded here.click here

Daiol 18:32 17 Jul 2007

alan2273,thanks for that maybe i didnt make myself clear,yes i have adobe i can get it to pdf file easy enough,but can you open that pdf document with word if you wish to have the pdf file into word document ???.daiol.

alan2273 18:41 17 Jul 2007

I have just tried opening it in Word and it comes up in gobbldygook.

wee eddie 18:47 17 Jul 2007

Once you have Scanned a Document you need to process it with the "Optical Character Recognition" Software before any Word Processor can handle it.

Canon will have provided you with a Cut down version of OmniPage or something similar.

alan2273 18:57 17 Jul 2007

Have you tried scanning it directly into Word instead of saving to PDF?.

Open Word, click on Insert, click on Picture, click on Scanner or Camera, select the Canon scanner and it will scan it into word.

I have just had a word with a friend who is Knowledgeable with Word and he says even version 2997 will not open PDF files although it will save to them.
So it is not the scanner.

VoG II 18:58 17 Jul 2007

Yep, my Lide30 came with a cut-down OmniPage which does everything I need.

Daiol 11:55 18 Jul 2007

thankyou all it eventually get it okay i went to the word document and went to insert from camera/scanner and its okay now,sorry for the delay in returning to you all.Thanks once again daiol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?