Canon S630 Print Head

Fishbox 11:09 11 Apr 2006

The flashing light code on my 3 year-old printer is telling me I need a new print head.I've removed and refitted it to no avail.I've seen on another thread some suggestions for cleaning the head,some of which seem drastic but might be worth a try as a last resort!
Has anyone used a firm that overhauls print heads or has bought one on ebay?
It seems a new head may cost about £78 but I think I'd buy a new printer rather than spend that much.

David4637 13:15 11 Apr 2006

Its probably the waste ink tank error that needs resetting rather than a head error. Have you had to reset the waste ink tank error yet? How do you know its the head. I have a s630. David

Fishbox 14:11 11 Apr 2006

Thanks,David.After one green light there are 7 amber flashes which according to the User's Guide CD-ROM means it needs a new print head.
I haven't done a waste tank empty/reset because it wasn't indicated as the reason for the malfunction.It won't print in any colour or respond to the Maintenance programme such as cleaning.It's been an excellent printer until now!

David4637 22:07 12 Apr 2006

I would try the waste tank reset, you have nothing to lose. I had 7 flashes. Fix your own printer web site has the reset sequence. You will have to search for it, there is a generic Canon S series reset procedure. You can't do any damage if you try it. David

Fishbox 09:41 13 Apr 2006

Hi David.Did a hot water and propan-2-ol wash to the printhead yesterday but no joy.I've found the click here website and will try a reset.Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Fishbox 14:19 13 Apr 2006

I followed carefully the Canon Generic "S" Series Reset Code from the website above but couldn't key into Service Mode and the lamps continued to flash in the sequence I described above.
Suggests printhead is defective??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?