Canon printer wireless problems

Bike-it 14:11 06 Dec 2014

I just got a new Canon MG 7550 all in one printer, set it up so it prints wireless, it worked fine on initial set up but when i shut down the laptop or printer it will not let you print wireless, a pop up box appears informing you printer not found, can anyone offer any help please, Canon customer support very poor still waiting on a reply a week later.

Woolwell 14:53 06 Dec 2014

Suggest that you may need to allocate it a fixed IP address through your router settings.

john bunyan 15:45 06 Dec 2014

I have a Canon MG6450 which may be a bit different. In the information screen has 3 pages - normally set on Copy/ Scan/Cloud. On page 2 is the WLAN that can be on (blue light showing on left of top dashboard). Is the blue light on? Maybe it was inadvertently switched off ?

I have a Netgear router which shows (In "Netgear Genie") what devices are on the net - maybe your router has such a menu?

john bunyan 15:51 06 Dec 2014

Just had a look at your printer. Seems the same as mine except yours has the possibility of printing more dpi.

Woolwell 18:05 06 Dec 2014

I have had this problem with Epson printers. It was caused by the router allocating a different IP address after the printer was switched off and back on again and the pc was looking for the old address which it could not find. Hence my suggestion of allocating a fixed address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?