canon printer and new Firefox

Muergo 21:05 26 Sep 2010

Now I have reinstalled Firefox and have replaced most of the programs, I have a printer problem, my Canon iP 6700D will only print the headers and footers from pages such as this one. Works fine if I access PCA through IE.

Loads ok, then print preview just shows blank pages with head and foot, the manual only gives advice if it won't print at all but not when it partially selects page.

Must be something in Firefox I haven't installed as it worked fine before.

northumbria61 21:10 26 Sep 2010

Is the correct printer selected in the Printer - Name box? (ctrl+P) when in Firefox.

northumbria61 21:14 26 Sep 2010

Also see here - click here

Muergo 21:39 26 Sep 2010

I see on other forums or forii? that there is a bug in Firefox 3.6.3, the latest update which interferes with script etc, it may be that, I shall try to go back to the previous edition cos they have not published a new one yet.
I think they are concentrating on launcjhing Firefox 4

Muergo 08:49 27 Sep 2010

Latest Firefox is 3.6.10 which I have installed but still no printing apart from header/footer, correct , only, printer is shown, also cannot understand why I can print from IE or OE etc anywhere except firefox.

Muergo 09:36 27 Sep 2010

I don't know why but I know how, as per Mozilla site went into about:config and discovered one entry under printing was "false", so changed to "true" and that did it, whatever it was!!

Muergo 09:36 27 Sep 2010

I don't know why but I know how, as per Mozilla site went into about:config and discovered one entry under printing was "false", so changed to "true" and that did it, whatever it was!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?