Canon printer

redshift300 21:37 02 Jun 2007

I have a Canon iP4300 printer. Of the five inks installed, 3 colour and 2 black, one of the black inks does not seem to get used, the CLI-8BK. Can anyone tell me what this black ink is for and how to switch it into use. The status monitor shows the other inks going down but not this one. Many thanks.
Regards
Tom

wallbash 22:00 02 Jun 2007

I have a canon i865 printer with three colour and two black also .
Second black is a 'photo ' black

So my larger black ink is for normal printing !
The smaller makes photo's look better.

Daiol 12:38 02 Jul 2007

redshift300.Hi sorry ti interupt your question in the forums,but i have same printer as you but my problem is that the printer tells me that the yellow cart need replacing but when i taake it out the ink cart is only half empty then when i replace it the printer wont reckognise it then i have to fit a new geniune cart in,any thoughts on that,& have you tried compatable carts and changing the chips over from empty to new cart if so can you enliten me on the procedure please.Thanx daiol.

redshift300 13:38 03 Jul 2007

Hi Daiol
wallbash answered my original query, I have recently done a fair amount of photo printing and all seems well with the black cartridges.
I have not had your yellow ink problem but would suggest that you try cleaning the contacts on the yellow cartridge, contacts can cause a lot of trouble in all sorts of electronic equipment.
As regards compatible carts I have used them in my Epson 830 for the last two years and have found that the ones by IJT are excelent (phone 01458 272727) also a very reasonable price.
Hope the above is helpful.
Regards Tom

Wuzzo 16:52 14 Aug 2007

I have just purchased an iP4300 and whilst it prints documents perfectly well, quietly and quickly I am having real trouble with photos. They all come out far to light, and the whites seem to have a pinky tinge about them. I am using Canon's own ink cartridges. Am I doing anything wrong or is it the machine? My old Epson produced excecellent quality colour prints.
Wuzzo

Clapton is God 17:06 14 Aug 2007

You would be better starting your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's thread - particularly as this is a resolved thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone