Canon Pixma MP760 and Windows7 64 bit

pienter 14:18 20 Oct 2010

I am in the process of switching from XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. Although my Canon Pixma 760 printer is said to be compatible with Windows 7 when updated drivers are installed it turns out that this is only true of the 32 bit version. No drivers appear to be available for 64 bit. Has anyone found a solution e.g. is there a compatibility mode for 32 bit and if so how is it implemented?

james105051 15:17 20 Oct 2010
  chub_tor 16:16 20 Oct 2010

I can confirm that if you go to the Canon support website linked to by james105051 and put in Windows 7 as the OS and English as the language you will find a 64 bit driver right at the top.

pienter 23:39 20 Oct 2010

I thought that the item mentioned was only a modification to a driver rather than the complete driver but it seems to have worked. I had great difficulties getting the MyPrinter update to install and until I uninstalled MyPrinter and replaced it with the update the MP760 was not recognised. However everything now appears to be working satisfactorily. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?