Canon Pixma MP500 printer suddenly not printing .

haricot 16:54 10 May 2009

It was working fine. Ink Cartridges are fine.

Now it churns out blank pages or pages with a few odd words on.

Have I done anything I'm not aware of ?

Has anyone had this very odd thing happen to them.

Has anyone got a solution please?

john bunyan 17:01 10 May 2009

Me again! Have you done a nozzle check? And a test page? Go to Control Panel, Printers and Faxes,Click on your printer, then Properties, then on the maintenance tab. Do a nozzle test /test page, do a nozzle clean if needed. Sorry if you have already done this.... JB

john bunyan 17:03 10 May 2009

NB when you get to your printer - right click to bring up properties.

haricot 17:26 10 May 2009

Hi there John, 'tis very good of you to come back yet again. I certainly seem to be having my share of problems at the moment.

Yep I did all the Nozzle Clean routine and Deep Clean etc and it did'nt make any difference.

That was earlier today.

Seeing as you brought it up, I thought what the hell and did another Deep Clean and blow me it seems to be working OK now .... but for how long I don't know 'cos it did that before.

And how many Deep Cleans do you have to do to get it to take effect.

So for the immediate moment it seems ok .
If it occurs again I may well come back.

You guys are gems !

john bunyan 17:34 10 May 2009

Ken. If you dont print for a while this can happen. I have never done it but if you look back in other threads some have taken out the print nozzle head from a Canon (I have a MP760 by the way) and soaked it overnight in warm water! If your deep clean has worked - fine - just print a page every few days if you can. I had a good Epson MP before, but it froze up completely when just out of warranty so moved to Canon as it has a removable print head. I assume you are using genuine Canon ink - some generic inks can be more prone to freezing.JB

haricot 17:44 10 May 2009

John. Good advice although to be honest I do give my Printer quite a bashing.

However I reckon you could be right on the money when you say that Generics can cause problems.

yep and I do have to be honest, I did have to use use a generic Black 5 a week or so ago and I reckon that was the start of the problems .

I have always used the Canon originals and have now gone back to them with a vengeance.

No more generics for me anytime.Nothing but trouble.

Thanks again John. You're a good'un.

cheers

Ken

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?