CANON PIXMA MP210

Toria 11:56 11 Sep 2008

I have at the moment a Canon PIXMA iP2000, but it does not now print the colour very well, I have tried all the options of cleaning etc, but I think it is time for a new one! I have looked at the PIXMA MP210 - what I like about it is that it has a built in Scanner, copier, although not too bother about that. Do you recommen this as a good buy - or is there another printer that someone could recommend. I am not interested in purchasing a printer that has the FAX facility.

David4637 12:27 11 Sep 2008

I would always go for single item rather than "many" in the same box, then they are not dependant on say the one power supply etc etc. David

woodchip 14:35 11 Sep 2008

I always used to buy single standalone Printers but Had a Epson RX620 MultiFunction for some time and am happy with it. If part goes then just buy the item that stops working unless you have cash to buy a new one.

PS these are much more reliable that they used to be

Toria 21:02 20 Sep 2008

Hi Marg, Thanks for the further advice on a Canon Printer, but by the time I read your message, I had already ordered the MP210. It has arrived and although I haven't actually printed any photos yet, I can confirm as stated that the Scan/Copier do come out a bit lighter but still OK. Once you get to know what to press for Scan/Copier and get familiar with the printer everything is quite straight forward. The printing I have done so far I have been very pleased with, I certainly don't feel I can complain for the money I paid and with the £15.00 Cash Back. Thanks everyone for all your advice.

Stuartli 21:39 21 Sep 2008

The MP210 is Canon's most basic MP - it can cost as little as £20 and has done so since virtually last Christmas.

It uses, IIRC, a three-way cartridge rather than separate cartridges.

I would suggest that there are much better examples out there, including the Epson DX4400, which has been on offer at Tesco for just £30 - well down on its original price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?