Canon Pixma ip4600

youngwoods 16:35 21 Feb 2010

Have just purchase genuine canon colour cartridges,printed off approx 12 sheets of A4 black text and the message is appearing empty cartridges. Purchased printer just over a year ago and so just outside warranty! Anyone else experienced the same problem?

GaT7 17:05 21 Feb 2010

I have the same printer & it does use a lot of ink as, you may have noticed yourself, it cleans the heads every time before printing something.

Leaving it switched on seems to help - see my related thread at click here, where I was advised to do this. And the set of re-manufactured cartridges purchased off eBay aren't doing too bad either - better than the original ones anyway. I paid just under £10 for a full chipped set.

A similar problem reported with other Canon printers in this PCA thread click here. Canon were supposed to get back, but haven't yet. See my post there at click here (2nd from bottom) & the FE's post just below mine.

And another similar problem reported elsewhere with our printer at click here. G

GaT7 17:08 21 Feb 2010

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use the grey-scale option for printing black text. Another thing I was advised to do in my thread. G

youngwoods 19:41 21 Feb 2010

Thanks for all that, I have contacted Canon and waiting for a response. Thanks for taking the trouble.

GaT7 20:39 21 Feb 2010

Would be interesting to hear what they have to say. That's if they ever get back, & it's not one of their bog-standard replies.

Btw, where did you buy the cartridges from & what capacity were they in ml. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?