Canon Pixma iP4300 printer problem

sheila.weston 19:29 21 Nov 2009

My Pixma iP4300 has given sterling service for the last ?four years. Today my husband jammed a piece of paper in it. He managed to get the paper out, albeit fractionally torn along the edge, but it still came up with the paper-jam message. We have followed the directions in the manual, opened the back and also looked underneath and I really don't think that there are any pieces left.

Has anyone any ideas? At one point there was a nasty message about something other than the paperjam. (Sorry, can't remember what)and it sounded as if there might be a problem with the program so I have reinstalled it from the disk. No luck. I tried print head alignment and got the paper-jam message.

Now, the print cartridge holder does not slide right out to the centre of its runner when the top is opened. I wondered if the problem might be with the cyan cartridge not being a Canon one. But it did the test page OK when I put it in yesterday.

Thanks for any help as always.

tonyq 20:25 21 Nov 2009

I had a similar problem and thought I had removed all remains of paper,but no there was the tiniest piece of paper still jammed,which took some finding and removing. This is my posting on the subject.
click here

chub_tor 21:39 21 Nov 2009

There are a few solutions if you google ip4300 paper jam and this is just one of them click here

sheila.weston 10:06 23 Nov 2009

Many thanks, both. The posts were useful, but I still have the problem.

Googling for 'ip4300 paper jam' bought up assorted cures. One which seemed relevant was concerning the use of a CYAN non-canon ink cartridge, which I have (even though the initial test page printed correctly). However, I can't get at the cyan ink cartridge because the ink-carrier' hasn't slid far enough to the left (as tonyq found, also). Has anyone any ideas of how to remove it?

All in all it sounds as if the printer has done well to last this long.

sheila.weston 15:25 23 Nov 2009

I should add that I put a clear plastic backing sheet through. We even tried the hoover nozzle. Still no go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone