Canon Pixma iP4300 ink-holder problem

sheila.weston 20:46 25 Nov 2009

Following on from a previous problem about a paper-jam in this printer, is there any way in which I can manually remove the cyan ink cartridge? The ink-holder has not slid far enough into the middle of the printer to allow me to remove it.

I have just the one cartridge as a compatible cartridge. All the other inks are Canon ones. Someone on the internet suggested that the cyan ink might be a cause of the problem.

I am almost certain that there are now no scraps of paper to cause the paper-jam.

Many thanks, as always.

grey george 21:32 25 Nov 2009

If the carriage has not moved to the correct position to remove the cartridge then it maybe that there is something blocking it. Remove the power and have a good look at the drive belt and cogs. Don't force any thing but you may find with the power disconnected the carriage may be movable.

sheila.weston 16:04 26 Nov 2009

Many thanks, George. I removed the power plug and was able to pull the ribbon so that the holder slid ino the middle and I could change the cartridge. Unfortunately I still have the paper-jam message, so it looks like a new printer. See click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone