Canon Pixma iP3000 black ink pattern missing

JKAM 20:51 10 Dec 2005

When I run a test the black ink pattern has the centre missing. I've tried cleaning it with a cleaner cartridge but to no avail. Should I give up or continue?, any experiences please. Printer is 13 months old.

woodchip 21:31 10 Dec 2005

It should last longer than that, but depends how you have used it. Only a little may not be enough to keep the jets clear, too much may have aged it too fast. Which?

JKAM 09:56 11 Dec 2005

I have tried cleaning the head many times, perhaps 20, but tried the pattern test after every two cleans. Thinking back, I refilled the cartridge and the failure came about a month after. Possibly the wrong ink?

keef66 16:56 07 Feb 2006

I too have a misbehaving ip3000. Worked faultlessly since April. Low ink warning 2 days ago, took yellow and black carts out to see exactly what's left, replaced them, no longer prints any black. Fitted a new black cart. Still no black print. Tried every maintenance option, cleaning, deep cleaning etc; nozzle check or test print from the printer driver page still have no black component. Print head alignment also not working.
On the phone I confirmed with Canon tech support that I'd done all that I could, and they diagnosed a faulty print head. Since it's less than 12 months old they are sending me a replacement. I'll let you know if it works.

keef66 19:02 19 Feb 2006

replacement print head fixed the problem, although when I first put the cartridges in it was printing magenta with everything and no yellow

JKAM 11:46 20 Feb 2006

I am waiting for a new printhead, like you I think that is the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?