Canon MP360's imaginary paper jam

ksol 18:24 05 Feb 2006

My Canon Smartbase MP360 is giving me an error message saying it has a paper jam, but I cannot see any paper anywhere, not even a tiny scrap. But when I click "ok" it goes back to telling me there's a paper jam. The error message just won't go away.

It's been switched off for 3 weeks but switching it back on just gives me the error again.

I don't know if there's a word for paperjam-hypochondria but my printer seems to have it. What must I do to reassure it that there are NO paper bits in its innards, and get it printing happily again?

Any clues or tips would be welcome. The last time I had a non-functioning printer I drop-kicked it against the wall of the spare room which made me feel much better - but that one was only a Lexmark, and my current Canon deserves much better TLC.

terryf 18:30 05 Feb 2006

Have you tried un-installing it and the associated software, then re-installing?

MIke 18:58 05 Feb 2006

A while back we had a similar problem with a canon fax machine in work. No sign of a paper jam,yet the machine told us there was. On closer examination, a piece of adhesive lable had found it way into the innards and was stuck to the rubber roller that fed new paper into the machine, only by manually rotating the roller did this tiny scrap of paper become visible. Removing it with tweezers cured the problem.

MIke

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?