Canon MG5350 Wireless Printer advice please

AngeTheHippy 08:39 31 Jul 2013
Answered

Morning Chaps, I have one of the above named printers - I was told by Canon fairly on, that it probably wouldn't work too well wirelessly as it was sited too far from the router. I can live with that, I connect via a USB cable. PROBLEM IS, it's obviously still connected wirelessly and I think there is a conflict as to what method it chooses to print. IS THERE A WAY, I can turn off the Wireless capability of this printer?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy x

Graphicool1 09:18 31 Jul 2013

May I ask, why did you buy a wireless printer, If you weren't intending to use it wirelessly?

AngeTheHippy 09:31 31 Jul 2013

Of COURSE you can ask Graphicool1 - I DID intend on using it wirelessly, but as ya'all know, UNTIL the item's in-situ, you just don't know whether it's gonna work/function correctly or not. Don't get me wrong, I'd MUCH rather be in another room and send the print job to printer... but signal just not strong enough, and there's no chance of moving printer each time I wanna print - I REFUSE moving it near that router each time.. - and no chance of moving the router rearer the printer.....

rdave13 09:41 31 Jul 2013

There's a setting under LAN settings that you can select WLAN active/inactive, info here, which might help.

rdave13 09:43 31 Jul 2013

See no. 4 image.

AngeTheHippy 16:29 31 Jul 2013
Answer

*HiYa rdave13, thanks for your suggestion. I had a play with settings as per the link, but it didn't like having wireless turned off...so I re-installed it, and, sod's law it printed perfectly ok! If it starts playing up I think I'll need to phone Canon UK for help. Many thanks, Ange xx*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires