Canon IP4300 Ink Problems

Tracey73 09:55 12 Mar 2008

I've had this printer barely a year and am only on my second lot of inks, all genuine Canon cartridges and all nearly full. About a month ago the printer started flashing it's amber warning light fifteen times, and I was told ink tank errors had occured and to open the printer's cover and replace the inks on which the light was off. I took out the unlit tank (magenta, which is still around 4/5 full) and clicked it back into place, which did the trick and I was able to carry on printing. I had this happen about six more times, and lifting the ink out and replacing it again always solved the problem. Now, however, this routine is no longer working and I keep being told, "Some ink tanks cannot be recognized". I take the ink out click it into place, it lights up like everything is working, but as soon as I put the lid down and the ink tray goes back into position to print I get the error messages again, and when I open the lid to check the magenta ink is unlit again.

I have contacted Canon and they have been of little use - just told me "The device might be faulty and cannot detect the cartridges properly.
If after replacing the ink tank you still experience the same problem, you can send the printer to be checked and repaired in an authorized service centre." I have looked online and found quite a number of Canon IP4300 users having the same problem, even when they are using genuine Canon inks. I don't want to keep wasting money on cartridges, which are expensive, if this problem is going to keep occuring. I could understand experiencing problems if you are using compatible inks but I have only ever used genuine ones for this printer and am about sixty quid down for it!

Sorry for the long post, just one more thing: If I were to disable the ink monitor do you think this would this stop the problem? The only thing is I've searched and searched in all the settings but cannot see a way of disabling it. I am simply not given the option anywhere despite info online saying that it is possible. If anybody knows how to and can advise I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can offer!

Tracey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires