Canon IP4300 cleaning?

badgery 19:40 11 Aug 2009

My 2year old IP4300 is producing awful prints of photos.
Checked nozzle print and magenta and cyan are not the 'solid' rectangles they should be,
Hve done a couple of 'cleans' followed by two 'deep' cleans but still the nozzle print shows little colour on the C & M blocks.
(The top block of each is OK but the lower one isn't - hope that makes sense, C&M both have two blocks the Y and B only one each).

Anything further I can do? I don't do an awful lot of colour printing, so suspected blocked nozzle, but cannot seem to clear them.

johndrew 19:53 11 Aug 2009

Could be you need to give the heads a good clean with cleaning fluid but you could also check out the troubleshooting guide in the manual click here

badgery 20:16 11 Aug 2009

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it .
Where would I get cleaning fluid and how is it applied? Apologies if these are dumb questions!

badgery 21:57 11 Aug 2009

Manual not much use, I'm afraid.
Still no closer to finding a way to clean the nozzles.

beeuuem 22:27 11 Aug 2009

Have look at click here
The principle is the same for the IP4300

To ALL

I used a bottle of ink unblocker, then 3 hot water flushes, leave in a saucer of hot water overnight, repeated the process the following day and it worked. The longer you leave it in a saucer of hot water the better.readid=343425&forumid=1
The principle is the same for the IP4300

THe preferred cleaner is Isopropyl alcohol (Isopropanol) which is available from chemists as a liquid or as a spray from Maplin click here

badgery 22:57 11 Aug 2009

Cheers, I will try the soaking in hot water overnight and see.
Nothing to lose when printhead is £50+.

johndrew 09:50 12 Aug 2009

There are many places that sell cleaning fluid, but this one also gives you a bit more help click here.

These even provide videos click here click here

badgery 11:21 12 Aug 2009

Thanks again, will try contacting these places for cleaning fluid.

KremmenUK 12:59 12 Aug 2009

Have they changed the design ?

My IP4000 has the print heads in the cartridges which then get replaced with each one.

Don't tell me Canon have gone down the Epson route with fixed print heads and subsequent clogging (especially when using compats).

Ashrich 13:20 12 Aug 2009

I believe the IP4300 has a removable print head , I remember installing mine first , before the ink carts when I first bought it . Just found one for sale at just under £41.00 so they are replaceable

Ashley

badgery 14:38 12 Aug 2009

Yes the printhead unit just lifts out and is replaceable, just like the former i550 I had.

But, at only 2 years old and not over-used (ie not commercial) it's proving expensive.
Would always look for a new printer rather than buy a printhead at that price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?