Canon i865 and choice inks

six-h 16:25 10 Jan 2007

I've been well pleased with the above for 18 months but just recently my head alignment seems to have gone awry I've tried manual re-alignment and since that did not return me to the previously good quality, tried auto alignment.Photos are still banded with fairly obvious horizontal stripes about 2mm apart.Also the colours (hues) nolonger bear much similarity to the image on screen, anybody suffered similar/ or knows how to put it right?? One more thing, when doing a manual alignment, all the magenta swatches have jagged white vertical patches in them, so choice of which is best is pretty imaterial.

Jackcoms 16:30 10 Jan 2007

Print heads may be clogged with ink.

Remove them and rinse through with warm running water until the water runs clear

PaulB2005 17:05 10 Jan 2007

Clean the ink jets with Isopropanol from your chemist. Do it regularly on my S630.

six-h 16:14 16 Jan 2007

I've been to scared to remove the print engine as the manual warns you not to touch the lever that locks it in place and also warns you not to touch any of the "business bits". I don't know how it would react if I removed it and ran water over it, sounds a bit drastic though I follow your logic. What do you do with the isopropanol? immerse the print engine in a bath of it or what?

PaulB2005 18:06 16 Jan 2007

I remove mine about 2 or 3 times a year and clean out half a cats worth of fur.

All i do is unlock the lever, lift out the print head and turn it over.

Then using cotton stick thingys dipped in Isopropanol i wipe over the heads (look like a small grid with ink on) until they are clean. Allow to air dry for a minute and replace.

Print a test page and done.

Don't touch any of the copper coloured tape with your fingers and just touch the plastic.

Finally if you are not sure - don't do it. You preform this at your own risk.

chub_tor 19:05 16 Jan 2007

You can get a replacement printhead from here click here or individual cleaning cartridges from here click here

PaulB2005 19:13 16 Jan 2007

That's almost new printer money....

Bottle of Isopropanol and cotton sticks less than a fiver.

six-h 15:42 17 Jan 2007

Thanks to all for your suggestions, I think I will go for the isopropanol and cotton buds- I am less likely to drop it in the sink!!

Alan2 18:20 17 Jan 2007

Added to "My Postings" for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?