canon i865 black cartridge problem

hollybank 22:11 26 Jun 2006

A couple of months ago my black cartridge run out, i replaced it with a genuine cartridge. But it did not register in the monitor and did not work. I cleaned out the cartridge and print head - nothing worked. I came to the conclusion that I needed a new print head. The cost of which was £60 +. I decided it was cheaper to replace the printer as a new one was only £50. But the same problem occured and i still cannot print black text. If I print in colour this is fine. I have installed the latest drivers but I am still drawing a blank on the problem. Can anyone help please as it is driving me nuts.
Thanks

Newuser3605 01:14 27 Jun 2006

Hello,

Occurred has two rs in it. I hope this helps.
Did you use the computer and paper to clean it up or did you use some kind of physical actio / materials?
I have one of these printers and find it totally excellent (so far).

Al

Newuser3605 01:16 27 Jun 2006

Hello,

action should have an n in it.

Al

hollybank 19:26 27 Jun 2006

Hi Al
I took the cartridge and the print head out and cleaned them both with warm water. Nothing seems to work!

yaesu 20:17 27 Jun 2006

Hi hollybank, I had much the same prob with my i850. I had to wash out the print head several times and I used so called hand hot water (well that's what the wife called it!)and succeded eventually. I always use ink from here click here and have had no more trouble. Good luck, yaesu

hollybank 21:19 27 Jun 2006

Hi yaesu
Thanks for your help, I washed out the printhead in hot water straight from the tap, which seems to have cleared the fault. although I had tried warm water it seems that this was not enough.
Once again thanks for the tip.
regards
hollybank

Newuser3605 19:51 28 Jun 2006

Hello,
I thought I'd check out where Yaesu got his cartridges and on the CartridgeMonkey site they specify dedicated i865 cleaners. The reusable black one costs £2.95 - cheaper than a new printer, if the warm water doesn't work.
Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?