Canon i850 printing problem.

Daibus 08:15 16 Jun 2005

My Canon i850 has always given good results but at the moment colour prints have got a strong purple hue which is very noticeable.

I have just replaced the Cyan cartridge as it was running low but the problem still persists, so I was wondering if anyone knows which other cartridge could be at fault, without me having to replace the whole lot.

I have done a head alignment and the prints seem good apart from this purple hue.

Many thanks.

wee eddie 09:12 16 Jun 2005

From what you say, the problem occurred shortly after replacing to Cyan (blue) cartridge.

This suggests a possible faulty cartridge, but have you run the Full Clean yet?

Have you contacted the Canon helpline?

Daibus 09:26 16 Jun 2005

wee eddie

Thank you for your reply but the fault occured before the Cyan replacement but I've not contacted the helpline as yet.

I was just wondering if it is known which cartridge maybe causing the problem if indeed that is the cause, but I will run a full clean again.

hssutton 09:39 16 Jun 2005

Did you carry out a nozzle check? something I always do if I have a colour problem.

toogie 09:55 16 Jun 2005

I have ofter experienced this with my i850. My only answer was to use Canon cartrudges rather than the "compatible" ones. I do not try using compatible ones for photo printing anymore. Despite the claims that they are as good. My experience is that they dry up more quickly.

Daibus 09:57 16 Jun 2005

I did do a nozzle check but will do another after I replace the black Cartridge which has just run out.

Cheers.

Daibus 10:02 16 Jun 2005

toogie

Yes that could well be the trouble. Do you think that it is a Cartridge problem rather than something to do with the printing head?

Cheers.

hssutton 10:45 16 Jun 2005

toogie could well be correct, I recently purchased PCWorlds brand, and find that every time I do colour printing I have to do several deep cleans. At the end of the day the money I saved initially as been wasted on paper and ink used when cleaning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone