Canon i850 and footer page numbers

Cee Bee 22:00 29 Nov 2003

When printing out a Word document the running-total page numbers in the footer (such as 3 of 12) do not print out properly - I get 3 of 3 etc. Can anyone help?

BarryKeith 22:09 29 Nov 2003

If you go to the file menu you should find an entry for print setup, where you will have access to the coding that controls what is entered at the head and foot of each printed page. You may need to do a search to find the relevant information to set it the way you want, I have removed all headers and footers on my computer as I have no need of them so have forgotten what the codes are.

VoG II 22:27 29 Nov 2003

Before printing, in the Word Document View/Headers and Footers. Select the Footer and press the F9 key to update the page number fields.

Then do a Print Preview to check that it will be printed correctly before wasting paper and ink.

Cee Bee 19:43 30 Nov 2003

Thanks for the info but still having problems:- Selecting view headers / footers, I used 'insert auto text' and selected 'x of y'. The print preview shows the correct page numbering but it still comes out with 3 of 3, 4 of 4 ....etc.

jz 21:53 30 Nov 2003

Sounds like a bug in Word. Make sure you've got all the updates for your version of word - check the Micro$oft website.

If you're using Word 97, have a look at this: click here;en-us;164548

jz 21:54 30 Nov 2003

Try again.. add http:// in front of this... support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;164548

VoG II 21:57 30 Nov 2003
  Cee Bee 23:19 30 Nov 2003

That's it - problem solved (I hope). I've to download a Service Release Update that identifies this very problem. Many thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?