Canon D1250U2F Scanner

Bagsey 16:14 30 Sep 2003

I have owned this scanner for about 1.5 years now and find it does everying that I want. It runs from a USB2 card in my desk top. Can anyone tell me if it will work from my laptop which only has a USB port not usb2.
I have tried it because PCWorld said it would work but at a slower rate. This would be OK for what I need but so far no sucess. Can you tell me if I am wasting my time on this project??? I cant find a Twain driver for it either. Laptop running Windows ME
Any advice greatly appreciated.

alcudia 16:23 30 Sep 2003

I've got two of these, one running on XP with USB2, and the other on ME with USB1. No probs with either. If you want a driver click here

Sir Radfordin 16:27 30 Sep 2003

You may find this interesting:

click here

Djohn 16:29 30 Sep 2003

The slower rate of speed only refers to data transfer, I doubt very much you will even notice it. USB 1.0/1.1 are so fast to start with, it's the equipment that has trouble in keeping up with the speed. j.

alcudia 16:35 30 Sep 2003

Valid point. If you do not follow the instructions to the letter the thing will not work, as I found out. But having got it right once I have managed to get them working twice (after reformatting)without problem on both machines.

Bagsey.

If you want to remove anything for this scanner you may have put on the laptop you will need the deldrv removal tool, again from the Canon site.

Bagsey 17:50 30 Sep 2003

Thanks to you all for the guidance on this one. I have now got it working and it does not appear to be any different in speed. Please dont ask what I did to get it working because I fiddled with so much that I am lost. BUT I can now scan some work while waiting,waiting, waiting,waiting for MESH to fix my desktop computer. Remind me Never to take out an on site warranty again.
Next problem , How to connect said scanner to both computers so that I dont need to be forever changing the cables over. Any reasonably priced solutions to that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?