Canon Compatible Ink Cartridges

tooter 16:57 27 Dec 2006

I have a Canon Pixma ip5200 printer I usually use genuine Canon ink cartridges, a full set of these Canon cartridges are about £35 to £40. My question is, I have seen advertised Compatible replacement cartridges for less than half the price. Are these cartridges comparable in colour quality against the genuine cartridges? They also say that you need to take the Chip out of the old cartridge and fit it in to the new cartridge. What’s that’s all about? Would you recommend using these compatible Cartridges? Thanks for your help.

rawprawn 17:12 27 Dec 2006

click here I have a Canon i850 and use this company with no problems. They are very reliable, I can't speak for your printer but they will guide you if you search for your particular printer.

palinka 17:32 28 Dec 2006

I use an older Canon (BJC 3000)and regularly use compatibles - I get the canon cartridges refilled at Cartridge world. No problems.

terryf 17:53 28 Dec 2006

rawprawn, Thanks for that link, I didn't realise that compat cartridges were available for ip4200

Jackcoms 17:56 28 Dec 2006

Like rawprawn I also have an i850 and always use Choice.

No problems at all and, at about £15 or £16 for the full set, it's a no brainer.

terryf 18:10 28 Dec 2006

I have just ordered from C.choice, the website says vat inclusive prices but my order ended up with vat added as a separate item, I have emailed them and will advise their reply

terryf 18:11 28 Dec 2006

Sorry should have been Choice, my fingers developed a stutter and I haven't started on the 'lemonade' yet

GroupFC 18:45 28 Dec 2006

rawprawn - thanks for that link. Like terryf, I have the ip4200 and also didn't realise that you can now get compatibles for it (the last time I bought any I hunted high and low but couldn't find any anywhere!).

kindly 20:33 28 Dec 2006

cartridges for your printer can be got from click here
A full set is £10.95.It has the free removal tool for the chips. No one does them with the chips on yet but it is easy to swap them over.

clayton 23:10 28 Dec 2006

The inks i use for my canon i865 cost 69p each, when the print head went last year i just had it replaced for £50 better then paying for a new printer that uses more expensive carts.

[url]click here[/url]

terryf 12:39 29 Dec 2006

The confusion over vat was mine, it was just the way the Choice order acknowledgement was written, old age and confusion comes to us all but confusion seems to be increasing for me. re ip4200 replacements, I have seen on other sites discussion about moving the chips from oem cartridges to the compatibles. Can anyone comment? Is this necessary for the Choice cartridges?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017