Canon 3000F scanner

kerses 20:15 12 Jan 2008

Hi. A long shot, but does anyone know how to get into this scanner. Socket for power connection is faulty, but I can't see any way into case: no screws etc visible, even under labels.
Appreciate advice.
kerses

MCE2K5 20:31 12 Jan 2008

click here, The Two plastic strips indicated in Red are stuck down with Double-Sided Sticky tape, Just ease them off from the Bottom in the Picture SLOWLY or they could Break.

howard64 20:31 12 Jan 2008

some of these just click together and you may find a tiny groove along the join to put a screwdriver blade into

kerses 20:06 15 Jan 2008

Thanks to you both - never expected a response, but the diagram on photobucket is a help. Only just got a chance to try this and am part way through each side. Will keep going and post eventual success, though time is in short supply here.
kerses

kerses 17:30 03 Feb 2008

Still trying. Got strips free ok; also had to remove screws holding hinges and one for cover on connector lid/base.
Fixed loose power socketk, but now won't scan properly - a document came out of printer as a full black sheet! Still trying, reinstalled driver etc. No change yet, so shall try again as time permits.
Thanks again for all ideas.
kerses

howard64 09:20 04 Feb 2008

if you are getting a black sheet then you could have somehow covered the scanning sensor or disconnected the cable from the sensor.

kerses 16:03 12 Feb 2008

Thanks Howard64 for that; got rid of black screen now, but still nbg - won't return to home position.
But, home/family problems intervene,so I'll have to leave it there for the present. Will leave the item unresolved till I have chance for another go at it.
Tks again.
kerses

kerses 19:35 23 Feb 2008

A final thank you to both for your advice. Have had another session working on the scanner, then ran Calibrate etc and all seems ok now. Hope it lasts but looks fine.
keses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?