Cannot write DVD's

bchuk 18:04 26 Sep 2005

Hi folks,
I have a Sony DVD RW DW-D22A, internal Dual Layer capable DVD writer, which I cannot write DVD's to (Neither Single or dual layer). I cannot also read DVD's. However I can read and write CD-R's no problem.

Can anyone help .... Please

Joe R 18:20 26 Sep 2005

bchuk,

If you are using Nero, when you click on the program, the first screen should have a drop down menu, with CD, DVD, and CD/DVD, options.
It may be set to cd.

roy 19:45 26 Sep 2005

If you are using Nero Lite there is an option to select the 'recorder' to use. It is near top right (on mine) and you need to selectneither cd writer or DVD writer.

Hope this helps.

roy 19:47 26 Sep 2005

wow, selectneither select either even.

bchuk 22:49 26 Sep 2005

Tks for those replies.
Yep I have selected the DVD option in Nero.
Also I made sure that the DVD drive was selected as 'Master' and my CD drive as 'Secondary'. Just in case that was the cause.
Maybe a firmware update? but can't find one anywhere.

Even without Nero, the drive should recognise a DVD (e.g. a cover disc) when entered. But not even this is possible

Any further help?

Thanks

Brian

stalion 22:52 26 Sep 2005

was this drive already in your pc or have you recently added it?

woodchip 22:54 26 Sep 2005

This may just be a incompatible disc's problem. Try some different disc's. when you find what works with the drive try to stick with that brand. Or it may be NERO does not support that Drive check the Nero site for support of your drive. As it is NERO that loads the Read and Writing Drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone